10 advantages of preparing a study timetable
Updated: Aug 22, 2020
Preparing a study timetable is an important part of managing the time slots. Students or learners and teachers should be aware of the benefits of having a study plan for better division of rooms for all the important subjects and topics. A timetable can be made manually or in a spreadsheet according to your interest. Now let us discuss the 10 advantages of preparing a study timetable.
Importance of having a study timetable:
1. It helps you to plan your time effectively and efficiently.
2. It enables you to allocate sufficient time for each subject so that you can cover the syllabus in a systematic manner without any difficulty or confusion.
3. It helps you to avoid last-minute rush and panic which is often caused by insufficient planning of study schedule at the beginning of an examination period.
4. It helps you to avoid last-minute cramming and mugging which is often caused by insufficient planning of study schedule at the beginning of an examination period.
5. It enables you to complete your syllabus in time so that there is no need for any kind of panic or tension during the examination period.
6. It helps you to maintain a proper balance between different subjects so that one subject does not suffer because of lack of attention on account of another subject.
7. It also provides flexibility in changing your programme according to circumstances like change in timings due to power failure etc., if such changes are made before starting preparation rather than after it has been started with full enthusiasm and interest!
8. If properly prepared, it will help you to concentrate better on each topic as well as develop good memory skills through repetition (which is very important). This will enable your mind to grasp things easily when they are presented again later on during examinations!
9. It will help you to develop a good memory for facts and figures. This is very important because it helps you to remember things easily during examinations without referring back to your books or notes!
10. It also helps in developing the habit of systematic study which is essential for success in competitive exams like UPSC, SSC etc. where time management plays an important role!